[BAA-ebulletin 00639] VSS database is now on-line

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Sun Jan 1 13:42:36 GMT 2012

I'm delighted to advise that, with many thanks to Andy Wilson, the VSS
database is now on-line - see http://britastro.org/~vssdb/ and the
link from the front page.

At the moment this includes all the visual data from about 1890 to the
end of 2010 and also the CCD data.

Further improvements to the database will be made from time to time
but in the meantime please feel free to browse the database. Note
that data can easily be downloaded and displayed in a spreadsheet or
simply displayed in an interactive way on the web site. In addition,
it is also possible to see a summary of each observers observations
and I shall be obliged if you could each check your own totals and
advise the Director if you feel any are missing.

I'd also like to draw your attention to the last two paragraphs of the
announcement on the VSS web page at http://www.britastro.org/vss/

Roger Pickard,
Director BAA VSS
roger.pickard at sky.com