[BAA-ebulletin 00650] Freelance web designer

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Tue Jan 31 13:14:15 GMT 2012

As part of our near-term strategy to significantly increase the BAA's
online presence, Council has decided to ask for expressions of
interest from a suitably qualified person to take up a freelance web
designer role. This person would be responsible for a radical overhaul
of the Association's website using open-source tools, the management
and maintenance of our online presence and the commissioning and
management of content.

Council envisages offering a 3-year contract, reviewed annually for a
fee in the region of GBP 12-14K per year. We would expect the
necessary commitment to average around 15-20 hours per week although
workload will be variable.

The successful applicant will have a large amount of autonomy to work
towards the goals set by Council and we would expect this activity to
start sometime in the 2nd quarter of 2012. Membership of the BAA is
not essential but a good knowledge of amateur astronomy, the
Association and its objectives will be expected.

To express an interest in this exciting opportunity and to receive
further details please send an e-mail to webdesign at britastro.org
before Friday, 10th February.

Bill Leatherbarrow (President)

(apologies in advance if you receive more than one copy of this
message - we have been experiencing some email problems which are
under investigation)