[BAA-ebulletin 00709] RICHARD HENRY CHAMBERS - VERY SAD NEWS

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Thu Nov 29 23:47:14 GMT 2012

RICHARD HENRY CHAMBERS - VERY SAD NEWS

I am sorry to have to convey the bad news that Dick Chambers, BAA Archivist
and Council Member, passed away just after 6.00 am on Wednesday, 21st
November at the Greenwich and Bexley Cottage Hospice, where he had
been for a few days.

Some of his many friends from the Crayford Manor House AS were with
him when he died, and we understand from them that the end was peaceful.

We have all been expecting this, and those of us who saw Dick at the October
meeting will have recognised that there was not long to go, but it is still
a grievous blow and we shall all miss him very much, both personally and in
his various roles working on behalf of the BAA. Dick would have become an
Honorary member in August 2013.

The service and cremation will take place at Eltham Crematorium at 15:30 on
Wednesday, 12th December and all those attending are invited to the Old
Colfeian Club, Horn Park, Lee, SE12 8UE afterwards where Dick, in typical
fashion, has prepaid for drinks and food for his Wake. The Revd. Tony
Collier (formerly School Chaplain) will take the service.

The address of the Eltham Crematorium is Crown Woods Way, Eltham, London,
SE9 2AZ and it is a few minutes walk from Falconwood Station.  It is
adjacent to the A2 but the entrance is on Crown Woods Way (not the A2
Rochester Way).

The intention is that there will only be family flowers but others are
invited to make a donation to the Greenwich and Bexley Cottage Hospice, 185
Bostall Hill, Abbey Wood, London, SE2 0GB where he was cared for in the
final days.

There is a map and directions available if anyone wants to get in touch with
Jean Felles in the Office at office at britastro.org  tel: 0207 734 4145.

This e-bulletin issued by:
Bill Leatherbarrow, BAA President
2012 November 29