[BAA-ebulletin 00753] Fwd: Forthcoming Weekend Meeting - in Bristol

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Mon Jul 22 22:00:58 BST 2013

The date for this event is Friday 6th – Sunday 8th September

**

I would like to remind you that the weekend meeting of the BAA will be on
Bristol Grammar School, University Road, Bristol, BS8 1SR

The theme of our weekend is The New, the Old and the Ancient and starts
with a talk on Friday evening by Dr John Mason followed by a full day of
talks on Saturday. Saturday speakers include Prof David Southwood, Lee
Macdonald, Prof Mark Birkinshaw, Dr Mark Kidger

On Saturday evening our hosts are holding a star party for us. The weekend
will conclude on Sunday with a tour of the Herschel Centre in Bath.

The cost for Friday and Saturday is £16 for BAA members and £20 for
non-members, accompanied children under 16, £8. This cost includes
tea/coffee on Friday & Saturday at registration and in the afternoon, plus
a cold buffet lunch.  The cost for Sunday will be £6 for the Herschel
Centre plus £8 for the coach from Bristol to Bath. Depart Bristol 10:30
return at 15:00 approx.

More details can be found on the BAA website www.britastro.org/bristol2013.
Booking form will be included in the August Journal

Hope to see you there

Hazel

Hazel Collett

Meeting Secretary