[BAA-ebulletin 00906] BAA Spectroscopy Initiative

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Thu Mar 31 13:52:46 BST 2016

The BAA has just launched an initiative to help members wishing to take up spectroscopy as a new observing technique. BAA members of two years’ standing may apply for a Ridley Grant to cover up to one quarter of the cost of a Shelyak Alpy 600 spectrograph complete with calibration and guiding modules and Shelyak are offering a matching 25% discount on the list price so in effect the equipment is available at half price. We have also negotiated discounts with Starlight Xpress and Atik for suitable CCD cameras for imaging and guiding but note that these discounts will only be available to those who are successful in their application for a Ridley Grant under the scheme.

Full details are described in the April BAA Journal and in a posting in the Spectroscopy section of the BAA Forum on our website. The deadline for applications is 2016 June 30 so, if you are interested, don’t delay.

David Boyd
2016 March 31