[BAA-ebulletin 00957] Deep Sky Section meeting 2017

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at lists.britastro.org
Sun Jan 22 22:45:37 GMT 2017

The Deep Sky Section annual meeting details are now finalised, and the meeting will take place on March 4th 2017 at St. Cassians Centre, Kintbury, near  Newbury.

Full details are available on the BAA website at http://britastro.org/dss2017

Speakers are:

Guy Hurst - Novae/Supernovae Patrolling
Jonathan Blake - Astrophotography - data capture and data processing
Mark Radice - Have telescope will travel
Steve Tonkin - Binocular Deep Sky Observing
Greg Parker - Mini-WASP
Dr Philipp Podsiadlowski. Oxford University - “From Supernova to Gamma-Ray Burst: Understanding the Diversity of Cosmic Explosions".

For members of the BAA and affiliated societies it will be £20 and for non-members £25. This includes all refreshments through the day and a cooked buffet lunch.

Driving directions are available on the website above, but there is also a train station at Kintbury, and we can arrange pickups from there to take you to the venue. Please let me know.

Advance booking is recommended to ensure a place. You can book online, or download the booking form from the website and send payment to the BAA Office who are coordinating bookings.

If you have any questions please either get in touch with the Office, or me.

Callum Potter
Director, Deep Sky Section
British Astronomical Association
deepsky at britastro.org