[BAA-ebulletin 01010] Unsolicited email

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at lists.britastro.org
Wed Jun 27 20:35:53 BST 2018

Some members have received an unauthorised email from the former Instruments & Imaging Section Director. Mr Marriott resigned this position in October and was expelled from the BAA in May. He was instructed to hand over all BAA instruments and electronic devices in his possession but did not do so. He has obviously retained some members' personal details and is in clear breach of the GDPR.
We apologise for this breach of the regulations. Mr Marriott has been told forcefully to delete immediately all personal information he has illegally retained and desist from sending emails of this nature. We will report his activity to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
Due to the non-cooperation of Mr Marriott, the Board does not have an absolutely correct list of instruments that remain out on loan, and it would be helpful if any member who has corresponded with Mr Marriott concerning any aspect of the BAA instrument collection at any time in the past could contact the undersigned, and provide a copy of that correspondence.

Bill TarverBusiness Secretary, British Astronomical Association