[BAA-ebulletin 00999] Aurora Alert

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at lists.britastro.org
Sun Mar 18 23:10:57 GMT 2018

Aurora Alert

A coronal hole has been impacting the earth for the last 2 days. This afternoon the field went negative and started a G2 class storm.

I have clear skies and Aurora above the to 15dg high and 120dg wide (18/19 March 2018@ 21.00UT Moray coast). I have also sighted STEVE off to the west with patches to the overhead from 21.30 to 22.30. It is showing on Cliff Cam 3 | Shetland Webcams<https://www.shetlandwebcams.com/cliff-cam-3/>   All indications are that this could be visible in northern England but could go further.

Any reports please to - sandra-b at hotmail.co.uk<mailto:sandra-b at hotmail.co.uk>

Cheers

Sandra Brantingham

Aurora and NLC director