[BAA Comets] Comet Section Programmes

Roger Dymock roger.dymock at ntlworld.com
Tue May 8 19:16:25 BST 2012

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the list. I think the agenda has been more or less settled for the MK mtg
but I think your idea of a workshop for new (and even not so new) comet observers is
well worth considering. There are quite a few different aspects which could be
covered e.g. (for observing read visual observing and imaging);

- locating and observing known comets
- observing known comets of particular interest (e.g.; in outburst or splitting)
- follow up observations of newly discovered comets
- finding comets masquerading as asteroids (The Italian T3 program)
- searching for returning comets
- discovering comets
- discovering comets in spacecraft (e.g.; SOHO) images

Regards

Roger Dymock
Email: roger.dymock at ntlworld.com
Tel: 023 92647986