[BAA Comets] Alcock's possible prediscovery of C/Pererya

denis buczynski buczynski8166 at btinternet.com
Wed May 9 09:57:48 BST 2012

Hello David,
I seem to remember at a meeting that Brain Marsden mentioning that he believed George had seen Comet
Pereyra in the dawn sky. I understood that he had regular correspondence with George so there may be
some record of it at MPC if written correspondence was archived. We are having a meeting later this
year commemorating the centenary of Alcock's birth so we bring this matter up at the meeting and see
if any one else may know more. One person who may know more is Mike Hendrie our past Section
Director who was most active at that time. We can put the question to him.
Denis