[BAA Comets] Imaging and photometry of C/2011 L4 (PANSTARRS)

Roger Dymock roger.dymock at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 4 11:36:35 BST 2013

Morning again Richard,

Thanks for all - that will take it to Winchester to digest.

FoCAs apertures are actually round now and set to give the same area as the original
boxes.

One of the main advantages of being able to obtain vis equiv mags from CCD images is
that fainter/more distant obs can be merged with the visual data thus giving greater
orbital coverage. When the comets get close we will just have to remove the cameras
and try and remember how to use an eyepiece again !!!

Actually one of the best views of PanSTARRS I have had was through the Hampshire
Astronomical Group's 25x150 Fujinon binoculars.

Regards

Roger Dymock
Email: roger.dymock at ntlworld.com
Tel: 023 92647986