[BAA Comets] [comets-ml] Fw: C/2011L4 questions

Uwe Pilz piu1958 at uni.de
Fri Apr 19 05:43:09 BST 2013

	Dear Denis,

	> How much dust

	My simulation gives a dust production of 70 ... 80 tons per second
in perihel.

	>  a gas component imaged in the tail?

	The dust tail is weak, but it does exist. Look at this image
http://kometen.fg-vds.de/pix/2011L4/2011L4_3_16032013.htm [1]

	> We have see and imaged the forward spike/antitail

	I don't believe in an antitail. We look at PanStarrs with not much
perspectival shortening.
The nature of the streamer on the southern part of the tail is not
complete clear for me. It could be a syndyname, but syndynames at
this positions consists of large particles (around 10µm) which means
the syndyname should be bent. But we see a straight feature. Still a
lot of wonders on comets.

	I am interested to read the answers you got from other sources like
BAA.

	--
Uwe Pilz, Leipzig, Germany