[BAA Comets] Small outburst of Comet 29P/Schwassmann-Wachmann

Roger Dymock roger.dymock at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 22 17:24:56 BST 2013

Comet 29P has been monitored by the Spanish Comet Observing Group since 2002. As the
charts at http://www.astrosurf.com/cometas-obs/ show this comet is fairly regular in
its outbursts. As Richard mentions, the 2010 outburst was stronger as were those in
2007 and 2008. Since that time the outbursts seem to have diminished somewhat.

Any thoughts anyone as to why those particular years produced stronger outbursts ?

Regards

Roger Dymock
Email: roger.dymock at ntlworld.com
Tel: 023 92647986