[BAA Comets] 2012 S1 (ISON)

Richard Miles rmiles.btee at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 10 23:37:41 BST 2013

Count me out of the race Jonathan!

I had hoped to go after the object helped by a good pair of shears to
improve my vista along my north-eastern horizon. Unfortunately, a few days
ago my reliable 10-year old telescope mount has failed along with the 12V
power supply feeding it. I suspect it was the power supply that did the
damage.

My checks show it is a serious fault so I'll be out of action for a few
months, I fear.

Good luck with clear early morning skies everyone!

Richard Miles