[BAA Comets] [comets-ml] C/2012 F6 Lemmon

Uwe Pilz piu1958 at uni.de
Thu Aug 29 06:02:23 BST 2013

	Dear Denis,

	PansSTARRS has an unusual latge spectrum of particel sizes in the
dust tail. This leads to an unusual wide tail - I guess you have seen
those images from spring.

	If you look at such a tail form the orbaital plane it may be seen at
both sides of the coma. This is a projection effect. This effects was
 very distinct for PanSTARRS and yould be seen in the telescope
without much trouble.

	--

	Uwe Pilz, Leipzig, Germany.