[BAA Comets] C/2013 r1 inner coma hoods.

DENIS BUCZYNSKI buczynski8166 at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 11 19:26:25 GMT 2013

Hello all,
I imaged  this bright comet in the early hours of Dec 10 and upon processing my images taken with a C14 and ST9XE ccd I noticed thas there seemed to be features in the inner coma which look like parabolic hoods. These look like the features seen in images of C/1995 O1 Hale-Bopp. Has anyone else imaged these features in the inner coma of this comet. I cannot remember seeing recent images showing these type of feature. I have seen the swept back curved structures inside the coma but not these hoods. Any comments are welcome. Image is located at :

http://britastro.org/baa/index.php?view=detail&id=2067&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=200

Denis Buczynski
Tarbatness Highland Scotland