[BAA Comets] 2013R1 and others this morning 14th

Peter Carson petercarson100 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 07:55:47 GMT 2013

Hello All,
Managed a trio of comets this morning, 2013 R1 was easy in 7 x50 bino's but the seeing was very turbulent so the focus of the images below is very soft. Also imaged 2012X1 Linear which showed a short tail and 2013 V3 which is still an easy catch in a 100mm refractor. Couldn't see any "hood" to the head of R1. I've enlarged by image and sharpened it but nothing obvious, perhaps the poor seeing had prevented me securing the detail.

http://www.astromania.co.uk/2013R1_20131214_0446_PCarson.JPG

http://www.astromania.co.uk/2013R1_20131214_0446_head.jpg

Regards

Peter