[BAA Comets] 2013R1 and others this morning 14th

Andrew Robertson alphacentauri at tesco.net
Sat Dec 14 10:58:10 GMT 2013

Morning Peter,

Nice images. I was looking at 2013R1 this morning (in-between watching for
Geminids - saw some nice bright ones) so a nice memory/record for me.

I'd like to see your image of 2012X1 please? I also looked at this in my
300mm D-K. The skies were claggier than when I observed it two mornings ago
but I kept thinking I could see a short stubby tail or broad extension
pointing downwards in my inverted view. Stellar core still visible with the
halo/coma around it bright but dimming progressively towards the
extremities. I could also readily see it in my 4" refractor.

Regards,

Andrew