[BAA Comets] video footage of Comet IRAS–Araki–Alcock, which passed over the UK in May 1983.

brian o'neill bimoneill at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:22:32 GMT 2013

Hi there,

I am really interested to know if anyone out there has video footage of
Comet IRAS–Araki–Alcock, which passed over the UK in May 1983.

I know for certain that perhaps 18months to 2 years there was a short video
on YouTube showing the comet and the tracking salelite IRAS but now when I
search for it, nothing close it shows.

My big interest in this is because I lived in London, England at the time
of this comet and was able to see it with the naked eye, almost identically
as to the video footage on YouTube.

To me it is an important piece of video footage that should be accessible
by anyone.

I have noted from this forum that there appears to a link to some video
footage to a certain Nick C Adams but the link produces nothing???!!!

Any feedback would be great.

regards

Brian (recent Subscriber)