[BAA Comets] Fwd: video footage of Comet IRAS–Araki–Alcock, which passed over the UK in May 1983.

denis buczynski buczynski8166 at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 30 17:31:26 GMT 2013

    Hello all

I correct myself, Comet IRAS Araki Alcock was the last comet discovered from UK skies. (30 years ago
now!)  However there is only one person live today in the UK who has discovered a comet visually
from UK skies and that is Roy Panther from Northampton. As we are holding our Comet Section Meeting
in Northampton on May 18 this year, I thought it appropriate that we should invite Roy to attend as
our guest and allow us to honour him once more. I hope as many as possible will be able to get to
that meeting.
Denis Buczynski