[BAA Comets] Comet C/2011 L4 (PanSTARRS)

Roger Dymock roger.dymock at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 14 14:45:32 GMT 2013

Excellent view of the comet yesterday evening through 25x150 binoculars from the
Hampshire Astronomical Group's observatory at Clanfield, Hants. A wide variety of
instruments were in use from a 24" reflector to hand-held binos and DSLR cameras but
the large binos gave the best view in my opinion. The bright head of the comet was
clearly visible as was the broad, slightly curved tail. We have a good western
horizon and the only clouds were a low narrow band which didn't interfere with the
comet until about 19:15 UT

Regards

Roger Dymock
Email: roger.dymock at ntlworld.com