[BAA Comets] Pro-am collaboration

Roger Dymock roger.dymock at ntlworld.com
Sun May 19 09:57:02 BST 2013

>From the MPML posted by Christopher Thrash;

Instrumental Methods for Professional and Amateur Collaborations in Planetary
Astronomy

http://arxiv.org/abs/1305.3647

"Amateur contributions to professional publications have increased exponentially over
the last decades in the field of Planetary Astronomy. Here we review the different
domains of the field in which collaborations between professional and amateur
astronomers are effective and regularly lead to scientific publications. We discuss
the instruments, detectors, softwares and methodologies typically used by amateur
astronomers to collect the scientific data in the different domains of interest.
Amateur contributions to the monitoring of planets and interplanetary matter,
characterization of asteroids and comets, as well as the determination of the
physical properties of Kuiper Belt Objects and exoplanets are discussed."

Regards

Roger Dymock
Email: roger.dymock at ntlworld.com
Tel: 023 92647986