[BAA Comets] C/2012 S1 Morning of 8th Nov

Peter Carson petercarson100 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 21:07:41 GMT 2013

Hi All,
Follow the link below to an image I took this morning, 2013 Nov 8th at around 05.00UT from urban Southend on sea in Essex. The sky was hazy and the comet was unfortunately in the most light polluted area of sky over the nearby London Southend airport.
Despite all this I've recorded about 40 minutes of tail. I couldn't locate the comet in my 7x50 or 11x80 binoculars because the sky was too bright.

http://www.astromania.co.uk/131108-2012-S1-ISON.jpg

Regards
Peter Carson

---