[BAA Comets] More 2012 S1 and 2013 R1 Lovejoy

Peter Carson petercarson100 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 10:17:43 GMT 2013

Hi All,
The sky was much clearer this morning (Saturday 9th Nov) so I had another bash imaging. Follow the links below to images I took of 2012 S1 and 2013 R1 from urban Southend on sea in Essex. This morning I've recorded more than a degree of tail of 2012 S1.
I wasn't sure if I could see 2012 S1 ISON in my 7x 50 or 11x80 binoculars because the sky was light polluted and there was a confusing faint star close by. 2013 R1 Lovejoy was an easy binocular object but no tail could be seen visually.
Ran out of time to find the other morning comets....everything takes longer at that early hour !!
http://www.astromania.co.uk/131109-2012-S1-Ison.jpg
http://www.astromania.co.uk/131109-2013-R1-Lovejoy.jpg
Regards
Peter Carson