[BAA Comets] C/2012 S1 (ISON) this morning

Nick James ndj at nickdjames.com
Tue Nov 19 07:03:49 GMT 2013

Lovely clear sky here this morning but the view of this comet was
dissappointing compared to last Saturday morning. The very bright moon
and the comet's low altitude didn't help and it was much more difficult
to find than three days ago.

I took a set of frames at 200mm and 80mm and the comet is nowhere near
as prominent as on Saturday. A single 20s exposure taken at 0552 is here:

http://nickdjames.com/Comets/2013/tmp/20131119/IMG_9981.JPG

Spica is at the top right and the comet (with faint tail) is in the centre.

I'll have a go at stacking the frames this evening.