[BAA Comets] Comets 20131122

DENIS BUCZYNSKI buczynski8166 at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 23 00:13:28 GMT 2013

Hello all,

I  imaged  comets C/2013 R1 and C/2013V3 last night (in moonlight) before cloud arrived at 04:00 UT which prevented me observing C/2012S1. The images of these 2 comets are on the Comet Gallery of The British Astronomical Association  at the following links.
2013v3 Nevski
http://britastro.org/baa/index.php?view=detail&id=1992&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=200

2013r1 Lovejoy
http://britastro.org/baa/index.php?view=detail&id=1993&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=200
http://britastro.org/baa/index.php?view=detail&id=1994&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=200
http://britastro.org/baa/index.php?view=detail&id=1995&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=200

C/2013r1 continues to be an impressive object with ever changing tail streamers. When the moon is out of the sky and no longer interferring, this comet could be very an excellent target for observation in the pre dawn hours vigil waiting for C/2012S1 to rise.

Denis Buczynski
Tarbatness Highland Scotland