[BAA Comets] Data for next week (2012 S1)

Shanklin, Jonathan D. jdsh at bas.ac.uk
Mon Nov 25 14:21:07 GMT 2013

Hi Graham,

I had a quick look, and seems fine.  I'm preparing a talk for tomorrow about comets, and looked at the latest chart for 2013 R1.  Unfortunately the stars shown are 10 - 11 mag, when the comet is 5 - 6 mag.  The what's observable page also insisted on downloading the latest java, which was a bit annoying as I've already  got java running.  It then locked up firefox which was even more annoying.  The page shows 273P/Pons-Gambart (not visible) but not 2013 R1 (brightest visible comet), and it isn't on the list of objects to add either.

Regards, Jonathan Shanklin

Director Comet Section, British Astronomical Association
http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jds