[BAA Comets] Azimuth

rmiles at baa.u-net.com rmiles at baa.u-net.com
Wed Nov 27 00:39:48 GMT 2013

One further point concerning Position Angle.

There is sometimes confusion between which way is East and which West as
seen in the field of view of a telescope. An easy way to distinguish East
is to consider where in the field an object/star Enters (normal to the
edge of the field) if the drive were to be switched off.

Re. Azimuth - N.B. this is a terrestrial-based positional reference point.

Richard Miles