[BAA Comets] Bill Bradfield video

denis buczynski buczynski8166 at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 14 11:37:05 BST 2014

Hi Richard,
The video is great viewing and captures the simple but effective comet hunting methods he used. I would not like to set up that bulky 10 inch newtonian in the early hours after driving for an hour or so! It shows the dedication and tenacity that the man had.
How is it going with your new set up. Last time we corresponded you had the new mount and were building a newly designed observatory. I would like to see that design if you want to share it.
Also I sent this message (below) out recently. I don't know if you got it. If you could respond to it I would be grateful.
Best wishes
Denis

As part of the revamp of the BAA Website and the ongoing development of
the Comet Section's presence within it we would like to include profiles of all our members and observers. We plan to link these from the
Section observation archive here:

www.britastro.org/cometobs

If you are willing could you please provide us with a short profile (a few hundred words) covering some or all of the following:

- Name and approximate observing location(s) or remote facilities used along with instrument details.

-
 Specific comet observing interests eg visual, photometry, astrometry,
searching and discovery, imaging, monitoring, analysis, historical.

- Why do you observe comets? What are the highlights of your comet observing activities?

- A link to your personal observing website.

Any illustrations of yourself, your instrument and your observing location would be gratefully received.

Please send this material to my email address (buczynski8166 at btinternet.com). Each contribution will be acknowledged but it may take some time before this material goes live on the website.