[BAA Comets] Observation reports to ICQ via COBS

Johan Warell johan.warell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 01:06:28 GMT 2014

Dear all,

On behalf of the COBS team I have the pleasure of announcing that Jure
Zakrajsek has now finished coding the function to report comet observations
to ICQ. We are currently limiting this function to the national ICQ
coordinators in order not to overflow the ICQ mailbox with reports, as this
has been their wish previously.

The report is formatted according to the wishes of ICQ (as we last heard
from them) without the need of manually organising the content into
sections of ICQ strings, short string for the ICQ comets observations page,
and Comments. It's all taken care of, and delivered as an email and
attachment to the coordinator. We hope this function will save time and
effort in reporting to ICQ.

We have also implemented the possibility of sending a copy of the report
to the national Section Director (or similar).

National ICQ Coordinators and Section Directors (etc) are hereby invited to
email me (johan.warell AT gmail DOT com) so we can grant proper access to
COBS.

All the best,

Johan Warell
COBS Administrator