[BAA Comets] Comet projects

Richard Miles rmiles.btee at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 15 15:23:58 GMT 2014

Hi Roger,

I was discussing this topic with Eliot Hall over a pub lunch last Saturday.
Both in relation to ARPS and the Comet Section

Generally speaking projects are a good approach for both Sections but it is
usually best to limit the number of observing campaigns going on at any one
time and to pick those that are especially favourable at the time (time of
opportunity). There'll be a few starting up by way of ARPS after a short
lay-off.

One other factor is the availability of telescopes able to be used to
contribute to a programme. There will be some more robotic scopes coming on
stream soon (some in S. Hemisphere) so that will all help.

Richard Miles