[BAA Comets] The Great Comet of 1680

Jeremy Shears bunburyobservatory at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 08:16:58 BST 2014

Folks,
Mike Foylan has posted a query to the BAA Forum:
"Just wondering if there is information available regarding the great Comet of 1680 (modern designation C/1680 V1), specifically recorded observations of the time of scientific value and reasonably accurate data (if any) as to the actual physical size of the Great Comet of 1680. Any help / pointers would be appreciated. From what information I could gather in general terms it was reported to be a truly spectacular comet!"
If anyone has any leads for Mike, perhaps you can respond to him. If you prefer, contact me off list and I will put you in touch with him.
Go well!Jeremy