[BAA Comets] [comets-ml] William Bradfield passes away!

denis buczynski buczynski8166 at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 16 17:01:21 BST 2014

Very sad news that Bill Bradfield has passed away. He will always be remembered as one of the all time great visual comet discoverers. I think I am correct in thinking that he had the unique distinction of having all his comet discoveries named only after himself ,with no other observer sharing the discovery. A remarkable achievement indeed. His discoveries were so numerous that I expect that ,like myself, most comet observers were never surprised to hear of yet anther comet discovery by him. Those discoveries have been appreciated and enjoyed by all who love comet observing. He was an observer without equal, he will be sadly missed by us all.

 Commiserations to his family and close friends from The Comet Section of The British Astronomical Association
Denis Buczynski