[BAA Comets] [OT] Visiting the UK -- Like to meet BAA comet section members

amar sharma amar10sharmaa at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jun 21 19:07:50 BST 2014

Dear All,

I announce what I wanted to announce last year, but finally it worked in my favor this year. I am tentatively-positive about visiting the UK in a fortnight from now (my visa approved). The two cities currently on my itinerary are London and Bristol.

The instigating reason for the hurried visit (with little time remaining to plan) is the following BAA general meeting I found of good importance to me [it has good things about comets] on July 12. Perfect timing!

http://britastro.org/meeting_render/4921

It has Dr Allan Chapman talk about legacy of George Alcock. And in another one we will have Notes and Drawings from the Observational Notebooks of Sir Patrick Moore by Sir John Mason. That is something I need to attend if I get to arrive on time. While I am there, I only know I would want to visit the BAA and RAS libraries at Piccadilly. Rest else is getting to meet other folks.

If Michael Hendrie and Roy Panther are easily accessible from the above 2 cities, I would keep meeting them for a day each on top priority. Does anyone know if meeting them would be possible? Nothing like it!

I have not booked my tickets yet, and I hope to be doing that in the few days from now (trying to fix some tight budgeting in the little time I have). If it works, I mostly would leave here around 10th July and return after a week. I am not sure about my other details, so my return date is fuzzy.

Given this one chance of visit, I would like to maximize and meet up with as many of the section members in and around London and Bristol, and the 2 veterans. Kindly let me know privately through email. Regards, Amar Sharma, Bangalore, India.