[BAA Comets] Project Alcock website

Callum Potter callum.potter at gmail.com
Fri May 16 11:15:20 BST 2014

I'm a little confused.

I loaded up the mpc comet ephemerides for 67P into a couple of my
favourite star atlas programmes, and both firmly put 67P somewhere in
Sagittarius at the time. Somewhere near M55 or M75.

So, I solved one of the ESO images (30 Apr) using astrometry.net which
identified the globular as M107, but that's in Ophiuchus and a huge
distance away from where Stellarium & Xephem place the comet.

Have I just picked up the wrong elements for 67P?
Where does anyone else think it is?

Thanks, Callum