[BAA Comets] Outburst of comet 29P/Schwassmann-Wachmann confirmed

Richard Miles rmiles.btee at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 21 17:44:54 BST 2014

Outburst confirmed by Michael Mattiazzo as follows:

COD Q62
CON Michael Mattiazzo [mmatti at westnet.com.au]
OBS M. Mattiazzo
MEA M. Mattiazzo
TEL I-TEL T17 0.43-m f/6.8 + CCD
ACK MPCReport file updated 2014.10.21 23:41:04
AC2 mmatti at westnet.com.au
NET UCAC-4
0029P         C2014 10 21.39744 16 00 38.88 -28 11 37.9          14.9 N
Q62
0029P         C2014 10 21.39883 16 00 38.95 -28 11 38.0          15.0 N
Q62
0029P         C2014 10 21.40014 16 00 39.00 -28 11 38.3          15.0 N
Q62

Observers are encouraged to monitor the decline from outburst if at all
possible since further such observations will enable the time of outburst to
be determined with better precision. Also don't forget that a second
'follow-up' outburst is possible.

Clear skies,
Richard Miles
BAA