[BAA Comets] C/2013 US10 (Catalina) this morning

Nick James ndj at nickdjames.com
Fri Dec 4 22:21:09 GMT 2015

Jonathan,

I got mag 6.5 using my VEM software which is nicely consistent with your
estimate:

http://www.nickdjames.com/2013US10/2013us10_20151204_0550_ndj.jpg

Yes, it's not as bright as it could have been but it is still a very
nice comet. The tail length on my image from this morning is around 2 deg.

I'm still optimising my software but I hope soon to start feeding
properly formatted magnitude estimates into COBS.

Nick.