[BAA Comets] Catalina

OWEN BRAZELL o.brazell at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 8 12:37:12 GMT 2015

Just to annoy Andrew I got out this morning in Devon with a 50cm to have a look. It was easily visible as faint spot int he 10x42 IS binoculars abd then switching to the telescope it appeared as a lopsided object at lowee power with a very strong star like core. Using higer power the core was more obvious and the object was stringly bounded on one side.I then noticed an obvious extension going upwards foirm the comet that was seen when you moved the telescope. later as the comer rose a bit higher there was an extension at the bottom towards the 7 o'clock postion. The moon then became an annoynacw when we switched back to higher power. Unfortunately I left the Swan band filter back in the chalet so was not able to have a look with that. Perhaps tomorrow morning as it may be clear again for a short period around 6.
Owen