[BAA Comets] ICQ codes

Tony Angel tony_angel_uk at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 23:56:40 GMT 2015

I held back on this hoping that someone else will raise it :) What about
CMC-15?

On a similar theme.  I have not submitted any magnitude observations for a
reason. When I asked a few professionals about my observations, the first
thing I was asked was whether they were calibrated. At first I
misunderstood, thinking they were referring to flats, darks and bias :) then
I realised that they were asking if I had calibrated my photometrical
filters. The answer to that for me was no, because I do not have any
photometric filters. I have spent the last few months reading up on
calibrating filters and what types are used by a number of professional
observatories. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems that for the
observations to be of any use to professionals I need to save up for a set
of Sloan Filters - which will take a year or two. I mention Sloan because
the professionals seem to be moving away from UBVRI sets.

Comments appreciated.

Tony.