[BAA Comets] ICQ Keys

Shanklin, Jonathan D. jdsh at bas.ac.uk
Sun Jan 11 13:49:12 GMT 2015

Alexander Baransky has raised the important question of how to report the use of new catalogues, software, observers etc in the ICQ format.  With the ICQ rather unresponsive at the moment, I've created some keys that you can use when submitting observations to the BAA and the first draft of these keys is at http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jds/baaicqkeys.htm

Note that the basic UCAC magnitudes were not recommended for use by the ICQ and so I have retained their U classification.  The AAVSO APASS V magnitudes, which are included in UCAC4 should be similar to all other V magnitudes, hence the designation as AV.

If you need additional keys, let me know the details and I'll add them to the list.

Regards,

Jonathan Shanklin