[BAA Comets] 2014Q2 AVI from last night

Nick James ndj at nickdjames.com
Sun Jan 18 23:56:56 GMT 2015

Peter,

Very nice timelapse. I can see we are going to need to include videos in
the section archive! I'll work on getting that done ASAP.

I've been doing something similar but have been writing some scripts to
make things automatic since I have having to do things manually. Tonight
I have been imaging with the same instrument since 1800UT and it is
still going. My timelapse so far is here:

http://www.nickdjames.com/Comets/2015/2014q2_20150118_ndj.gif

Each frame is 10x120s with a FoV of 1.9x1.0 deg, N up. I'm using a
William Optics Megrez 72 refractor (430mm FL, f/5.6) and an SXVR-H18 CCD
camera.

Not much going on with that ion tail tonight but it is still waving
around in the solar breeze. I'm hoping for a decent disconnection event
and a long, clear night...

Nick.