[BAA Comets] 2014Q2 AVI from last night

Peter Carson petercarson100 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 00:48:47 GMT 2015

Nick,
Your timelapse shows what I find fascinating about comets. That is how the
tail appearance can change over such short time periods. I guess it
demonstrates how "windy" it is out there in the solar system!!
Fingers crossed for a major tail disconnection event before the comet sets.
I'll be interested in anything you can come up with that can speed up the
processing and compilation of a timelapse. I find its the processing of
individual frames so the brightness levels are consistent that is most
difficult. When its done well its what makes the final appearance of a
timelapse look more "polished".
I've taken 20 images of 2014Q2 this evening with my 315mm reflector at f5.6
that I intend to compile into a 4 pane mosaic that should capture about 2
degrees of the tail at a good level of detail. It should be in the archive a
day or so.
Peter