[BAA Comets] CCD astrometry and photometry

Roger Dymock roger.dymock at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 23 15:12:36 GMT 2015

Good afternoon all,

Thanks for your (positive) comments.

Nick, could you let me have the images you used plus the necessary config file for Astrometrica so I
can work through the process and then write it up for the Project Alcock website?

I am reasonably familiar with IRIS so shouldn't be too much of a problem but could you please
explain (from your previous posting);

3 - I then used a median estimator to get the sky background and
stretched the image around this point to show the size of the coma.

Not sure what a 'median estimator' is.

I have done some work with a DSLR attached to a telescope and the astrometry and photometry looked
quite reasonable but guess I need to do same for DSLR standalone.

Regards

Roger Dymock
Email: roger.dymock at ntlworld.com
Tel: 023 92647986