[BAA Comets] Comet 17P/Holmes: A marked outburst on January 26

Richard Miles rmiles.btee at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 28 21:57:14 GMT 2015

Good work Nick,

Looking at your image (sorry everyone else!) one can see the extension in
p.a. 20-30 deg but I also commented on the 270 deg feature in my original
alert, which from your images might be the main pseudonucleus in which case
there is a more complex asymmetric expansion to the left of the nucleus
(North upwards). Maybe it's more of a fan developing spanning p.a. 20-170
deg?

Richard