[BAA Comets] 2013 US10

Peter Carson petercarson100 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 08:47:39 GMT 2015

Nice one Nick,
I decided to find a darkish spot near the SE Essex marshes and image comet 2013US10 Catalina.( see link below)  My 200mm telephoto lens and a stack of 16 x 10 second exposures recorded the dust and gas tails. The image at 05.52hrs UT was squeezed in at the start of astronomical twilight but before the sky brightened too much. The comet was only 5 degrees above the horizon at the time of the image.
I couldn't see the comet in my 7x50's...but my hands were so cold I couldn't hold them properly!
When the comet moves further away from the Sun it should be a good one.

http://www.astromania.co.uk/2013US10_20151128_0552_PCarson.jpg

Peter