[BAA Comets] The Comet's Tale

Nick James ndj at nickdjames.com
Sun Feb 21 10:45:09 GMT 2016

For many years Jonathan Shanklin has almost single-handedly produced the
section's newsletter, The Comet's Tale, every January. Past issues are
avaiable through the section's website here:

https://www.britastro.org/node/6812

With the change of directorship I asked Janice Mcclean to become the
editor and she accepted the job (admittedly after a few beers following
a Crayford Manor AS meeting). We plan to bring out the first "new"
edition of CT sometime in April and, hopefully, it will come out every
six months thereafter.

The Section Officers are helping to provide content and Jonathan will
continue to provide some of the material that appeared in earlier
editions including his very useful "comet prospects" guide. We would
also like to receive material from a wider range of people. In
particular I would like to see some short pieces describing your
methods, observing setup and the reasons why you are interested in
comets. They don't need to be long. Just a few paragraphs and a photo
will do. These can also be uploaded to our (currently rather sparse)
comet observers page here if you agree:

https://www.britastro.org/node/6868

In the first instance please send any material that you would like to be
considered for inclusion in the April 2016 CT to cometobs at britastro.org.

Thanks,

Nick James. Director, BAA Comet Section.