[BAA Comets] 252P RAPID FADING?

denis buczynski buczynski8166 at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 4 13:22:01 BST 2016

Hello all,
The message below for Seiichi Yoshida asks if a rapid fade of 252P can be confirmed. Has anyone on this list observed or imaged this comet in the past few days? if so please send any observations/images to cometobs at britastro.org

  Dear colleagues,

Katsumi Yoshimoto reported that 252P/LINEAR is rapidly fading by his
CCD observation.

Following Yoshimoto's report, Ken Harikae took the image of 252P on
June 2 and he commented 252P seems around 15 mag.

http://photozou.jp/photo/photo_only/3054713/237356125?size=1024#content

I visually observed 252P at June 3.56(UT) with 0.40-m reflector and I
could not see the comet. Even considering the comet located in the
dense region of faint background stars, I estimated 252P must be
fainter than 12.5 mag, assuming the diameter as 1.6 arcmin.

Best regards,

--
Seiichi Yoshida
comet at aerith.net