[BAA Comets] Submittings FITS images of 67P to the ESA/PSA archive

Tony Angel tony_angel_uk at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 25 16:18:26 BST 2016

Hi Nick,

Basically my understanding was that "where possible" they want all the
base components. That is to say if you take 30 raw images apply 10
flats, 10 darks, 10 bias, 10 flat darks to produce 30 reduced images and
from these you produce a single stacked image. Then they will want 100
images over 6 sub directories. I need to check whether they actually
want the stacked image at all, though if they did that would be in a
misc directory noted in the document that is included in the root
directory of that particular run.

The idea is that researchers

I just had a quick chat with another person who was there who confirmed
about the need for Raw images and documented explanations on processing.
Padma is I expect completely jet lagged as she traveled for a few days
so I will not bother her at the moment.

To try and get everything cleared up ASAP I will put together an email
covering all options as I noted at the meeting plus a couple of things
that have been raised since. I will also include some slight differences
that came out with the other person who attended - though it may be just
a difference of emphasis.  I will copy in yourself and Padma.  Hopefully
we can get everything understood within a couple of days.

I expect it will be tomorrow evening when it goes off to give me time to
double check everything.

Tony.