[BAA Comets] C/2017 E4 (Lovejoy) fading

Johan Warell johan.warell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 10:04:14 BST 2017

Great image Nick given the circumstances! The comet has definately
transformed and yes it looks like a breakup event of some sort has
occurred.

Unfortunately I cannot image it from my observatory.

I could not see the elongation visually, only that the bright center had
faded substantially.

Let's keep a close eye on it!

Best, Johan