[BAA Comets] Next edition of the Comet's Tale - May 2018 Call for Contributions

Janice McClean 1 janicemcclean at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 12 18:06:51 GMT 2017

Dear All,

Firstly, many thanks to all those who contributed to the last edition.  There has been some very positive feedback.  It has also been interesting to hear how far the Tale gets emailed around the world, with messages coming back from far and wide.  Makes it all worth while.

In order to give everyone lots of time to prepare for the next one, I managed to persuade Nick and Denis to a sort of spring and autumn schedule…  We aim to produce another edition by May 2018.  Therefore, I would be very grateful for contributions by 6th April 2018.  That gives time to get over the Easter break, and is the date of the BAA Winchester weekend for those of you attending.

I make a special plea that submissions are prepared as below.  No point in making unnecessary work for yourself:

Please use Microsoft word if possible.
Do not worry about making the submission look pretty, or using lots of headings in different fonts and different types sets etc.  I have to remove all of that in order to make a corporate look for the Tale, and will put all submissions into the same overall style.
Do not be shy of writing in English if it is not your first language and you are not confident in writing in English.   It is not a problem for me.  I am happy to take what you send and work with that.  All I will need is your contact details to clarify points.
I shall want a recent portrait of your handsome features to attach to your article!
Please submit images and captions separately  and not embedded in your article, as occasionally I have difficulty extracting them, especially if I do not have the same programme on my computer.  I use microsoft word for the layout.

I look forward to receiving your work at my address - janicemcclean at btinternet.com

I wish you a happy and peaceful Christmas and totally comet filled New Year.

Janice

PS I apologise if the font on this is a bit varied or peculiar, I blame the Director.

Janice McClean
BAA Trustee and Council
07818030786